This policy explains the types of personal information we collect, how we use it and how we keep it safe. It also tells you about your rights under data protection law. We review and update this policy from time to time to reflect changes to our processes.
Who we are
Brightstar provide intelligent, cost-effective designs for energy transportation, storage and distribution systems, driven by our passion for engineering excellence and inspired by the freedom to challenge and think differently. We specialise in engineering, project management and consultancy in three specific areas: aviation fuel systems, pipelines & terminals and LNG.
Our website address is: https://www.brightstar-engineering.com/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following
- Your name
- Your company name and position
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met.
Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how people use Our Site.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Example name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmv, _utmz,
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These cookies may also be identified as originating from brightstar-engineering.com
More information about Google cookies.
Consent and Control
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up window requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites. Please note we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites. This privacy document applies only to this website. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Who we share your data with
We may store or transfer your personal data to our affiliated companies. It may also be accessible to our appointed third party service providers for technical support. Any third-party service provider is required to adhere to strict limits regarding the use and protection of your personal data. We may disclose your data to a prospective investor or owner of our business. We may also release your personal data where required by law, or where necessary to comply with a court order or other due legal process.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.